Job Vacancy – Caretaker/Cleaner – Kingswood Parish Centre (Westbrook)
The successful applicant will be working alone. Opening and closing the Kingswood Community Centres after customers have left the building.
In order to discharge their responsibilities, they must be:
- Mature, as they will have to rely on their own judgement most of the time
- Honest and reliable, well motivated, a “self-starter”
- Self-reliant yet able to work as part of a team
- Must be a good representative for the Council – dealing with customers
- Must have an appreciation of the Parish Council’s responsibility to the public, in terms of making sure of safety standards and knowing when to refer problems to the Clerk.
The applicant will need to be able to:
- Move chairs and tables around
- Cleaning duties
- Open the Community Centre for customers
- Close and secure Community Centre
- Deal with Community Centre customers
- Report any problems or issues to the Parish Council Clerk
- Follow instructions for the safe use of cleaning chemicals
The Caretaker/Cleaner will be the first point of liaison with the customers so they
must be polite, professional and presentable. The job holder will be appointed on a permanent basis if they pass the three-month trial period successfully.
If you are interested in the vacancy please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council – Julie Pickles 01925 231280